Lafayette is the owner of the Lafayette Criminal Defense Law. Previously, Mr. Lafayette served as a Deputy Prosecutor with the Lake County Prosecutor’s Office from 2009 to 2012 where he tried primarily felony cases. Since starting his own office, Mr. Lafayette has focused his practice on criminal defense and family law. We help people and families in Lake County Indiana and the surrounding towns areas and counties including; Schererville, Crown Point, Hammond, Merrillville, Gary, Dyer, Griffith, Highland, Munster, Hobart, East Chicago, Lowell, St. John, Cedar Lake, Lake Station, Whiting and throughout all of Northwest Indiana.
Licences & Admissions
Mr. Lafayette is licensed in Indiana and admitted to practice in all state and appellate courts in Indiana, as well as the federal U.S. District Courts of Indiana.
Mr. Lafayette received his undergraduate degree in Political Science and Psychology from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana and graduated from the Thomas Cooley School of Law in Lansing, Michigan.
Mr. Lafayette is a member and past president of the Purdue Club of Northwest Indiana, and currently serves on the board of the association. He is also a member of the Criminal Bar Section of the Lake County Bar Association.
awards & recognition
- 2011 Recipient of The John R. Justice award.
- 2012 Recipient of The John R. Justice award.
- OWI/DUI : You need an experience attorney that will protect you and your rights in your case.
- EXPUNGEMENT : Get a second chance and have your past convictions removed from your records.
- CRIMINAL : Protect your freedoms buy having an experienced criminal attorney on your side. You are innocent until provent guilty.
- TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS : Even the most routine violations can be costly and effect your record. Don’t let infractions effect your record and insurance rates.
- HARDSHIP LICENSES : A hardship license (Class H) may be issued to a minor who is 14 years old to operate either a Class D passenger vehicle or Class M motorcycle or both. This license is only issued in cases of family hardship and are limited to specific needs.
- DIVORCE : Curabitur at ornare purus, at dignissim libero.
- CHILD SUPPORT : Non-payment can devistate your family financally. Don’t let missed payments effect your way of life.
- PATERNITY : Know for sure. Our firm will work with you to obtain the propert testing for your suit.
- CUSTODY : Don’t allow your children to be removed from your care. Mr. Lafayette can guide you through to ensure your rights a secured.